Chocolate and coffee are individually divine. What happens when we combine them together as a dessert?
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate espresso orange glaze
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp vingear
1/2 cup milk
112.5gm butter (cut into cubes)
1 cup raw sugar
90gm melted chocolate
seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
1. Add vinegar to milk. Allo to stand for at elast 5 minutes
2. Preheat oven to 180degc
3. Sift flour, baking powder and soda
4. While beating butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, add melted chocolate
5. Add 1/3 of flour, followed by half the milk mix, followed by half of the remaining flour, the rest of the milk and finally last of the flour left
6. Scoop into lined cupcake tins and bake 20-25 minutes.
7. Leave on wire rack to cool
Chocolate orange ganache (adapted from Epicurous.com)
1 cup heavy cream
300 gm fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
2 tbsps unsalted butter, softened
2 tsps freshly grated orange zest
1. In a small saucepan bring cream just to a boil. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate, butter, zest, and liqueur. Let ganache stand 3 minutes and whisk until chocolate is melted. Chill ganache just until cool, about 40 minutes.
2. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat ganache just until light and fluffy before using (do not overbeat or it will become grainy).
When cooled, remove cupcakes from the tins and top with a generous scoop of chocolate ganache